I'm happy to report that the standard chemotherapy was terrifically effective! John had an MRI of his brain and a chest CT scan this week, and both showed no change! There's no evidence of any metastatic disease in his brain, and the lung mass is stable or slightly decreased in size. This is after six rounds of chemo, which he completed in January. Now John is receiving only maintenance Bevacizumab, which he gets intravenously every three weeks. It has virtually no side effects, so he's feeling great. His energy level has returned for the most part, though he still enjoys his naps, and his appetite is good. His hair has grown back, and he has no pain. It's truly a miracle. We're enjoying life to the fullest, and we give thanks every day. We are so aware of what a gift we've been given.
We'll be spending next week at our vacation condo a little over an hour from Madison. We love it there! It's so peaceful, surrounded by the beautiful forest. In a couple of weeks, we'll be going up to Allison and Nate's for a couple of days, to see little Jane in her ballet recital! And at the end of June, we've rented a cabin on a lake in far northern Wisconsin for us, our kids, and grandkids, and we're so looking forward to being up there again. Life is good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am So happy to hear that! I was wondering how John was doing. Thank you for letting us all know. We love you! Love, the Stocks
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that the scans showed good news! We love you guys, and we have been praying for you all week. Have a wonderful mother's day and enjoy your vacation! Love, Stephen and Meliah et al
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful news! We're so happy for you both and for your family. Sounds like you are enjoying every minute! Love, Pam and Tracy
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful news! We're so happy for you both and for your family. Sounds like you are enjoying every minute! Love, Pam and Tracy
ReplyDeleteThis is really great news. I have sent it around to some of John's Glencoe and Nebagamon friends.
ReplyDeleteI've also tried sending John a note at his university address but it keeps bouncing back. I would appreciate getting an address for all of us to write him. You can send it to me at fnachman@rcn.com. Thanks.
Best,
Fred Nachman
Love the update! Such JOY!!! I just read the post to Dad and Mom. We all think of you so often and keep you in our thought and prayers. We just love you...it is that simple!
ReplyDeleteThis is very good news and hopefully the power of faith and prayer will help with even more. Take care Doctor and keep the updates coming. Jim Lauer
ReplyDeleteHarvada I was hoping you would post. I can not believe the miracles in your life. Your FAITH precedes them. I just love you guys so much. So Much.
ReplyDeleteWe constantly keep you in our prayers! Thank you so much for the update.
ReplyDeleteDave Hurst and BJ Linker